Terms and Conditions
Welcome and thanks for visiting. By accessing our site, you are agreeing to these terms between the dry cleaning lounge and “you” – our very important customers, so please read them carefully....
Contact Us if you have any questions
1. PAYMENT We don’t accept cheque payments All prices are subject to change from time to time Payment needs to be made to us in full before we can release items back to you We reserve the right to suspend servicing you if old orders remain unpaid 50% deposit to be made for bespoke items.
2. DROPPING OFF ITEMS You will be given a ticket. Check the ticket order as count and description are final. If you believe the depreciated value of your garment/item exceeds 10 times our service charge, we recommend you notify our member of staff to ensure the correct level of service is selected. We will require a completed and signed Customer Consent Form to authorize the processing of any item that we consider a risk. We may also request this form to be completed for processing – curtains, rugs, leather and suede, wedding/ beaded/evening dresses, and or other household or non-clothing items. ...
3. COLLECTING ITEMS Check your order is complete in the shop – no liability for missing items once you leave. Uncollected items may be disposed of after 90 days. We will not be held liable for any loss that you may suffer in such an event.
4. GENERAL EXCLUSIONS Sorry, but we cannot be liable for:
(a) Any item which suffers colour loss/shrinkage/ damage during the cleaning process, whereby the manufacturer’s care label instructions have been adhered to.
(b) Any feather / down filled item.
(c) Any accessory attached to or contained within any item. An “accessory” refers to (but is not limited to) belts, buckles, buttons, broaches, beading, painted logos, leather trims, furs, signs, zips, hoods, collars, and inner linings.
(d) Any item which is damaged by any accessory on that item.
(e) Any ink marks left behind by our poly-marking label system.
(f) In the event that any garment/item is lost/damaged by us and is part of a set E.G. a two-piece suit/furnishings/curtains/upholstery/laundry, we will only compensate for the lost/damaged item that is documented on the customer’s ticket. We will not compensate for the retrospective value of the set loss/damage.
(g) Any item that does not show cleaning instructions.
(h) Any item that has deliberate crinkles or creased effects on the fabric which are removed during our cleaning process.
(i) Any item with faulty adhesives or interfacing which leave a mark after cleaning.
(j) Any item which, due to wear and tear or due to its integral nature, is unable to withstand an industrial laundered or dry-cleaned process.
(k) Curtains, blinds (Venetian, Roman) – For the avoidance of doubt we are not responsible for the following: Glued-on trims – many adhesives will not withstand the solvents used in cleaning, especially if affected by exposure to light or if more than one year old. Tassels – these may have been weakened by the effects of light. Tie-backs – many of these are not designed to be dry-cleaned. Some are stiffened with plastic liners and often glued during make-up for ease of manufacture. Weights in the bottoms of curtains – these can be small, round, lead weights, or chains that can-do untold damage during cleaning as they are smashed against the cage sides during the tumbling action. The customer must remove it if possible. Swags and tails – these are often cut on the cross (bias) to aid the drape. They can be pulled out of shape during cleaning. Silver and gold painted designs – most pigments only adhere lightly to the surface of the fabric and can be lost during cleaning. Some may survive the first or second clean, but the loss can be progressive over each clean, depending on the amount of mechanical action they are subjected to. Please be aware we are not responsible for this loss. Flocked velvet may change in nature and become hardened. Watermarks contained within the fabric – May not be possible to be removed during cleaning. Old or Poor Stitching – May loosen during cleaning. Weakened Fabric because of ultraviolet light exposure – may only be noticeable after they are taken down. Weak fabric may be damaged during cleaning. Shrinkage – In the cleaning process, this may be up to 10%. Stretching post-cleaning may restore some of this length, but they may relax over time.
(l) Household items (duvets, bedspreads, upholstery covers), leather, and suede items. Please note that adhesives, defects, and faults which were previously camouflaged in manufacture may become more apparent after the cleaning process, and although every care is taken, we cannot always disguise natural flaws or totally remove adhesives, or stretching techniques employed by the manufacturer. These items may “age” after cleaning. All items are therefore only accepted by us for cleaning at your own risk.
5. CLAIMS We will not be liable for any item(s) not collected more than 3 months after dropping-off such item(s) with us. Any claim settled by us will be on condition that it is accepted by you as the full and final settlement and that, in the event we issue compensation for damage caused to an item(s) in our care, be it monetary or a replacement, The Dry Cleaning lounge reserves the right to retain permanent ownership of the damaged item(s). We will not be liable for any damage which is not related to or caused by the cleaning process. It is considered reasonable for The Dry Cleaning lounge to ask for receipts, bank or credit card statements confirming the purchase price prior to agreeing to any compensation. Failure to produce a valid proof of purchase may limit the compensation amount offered.
6. Loyalty Cards. One stamp will be issued per visit, not per ticket. No photocopies accepted. The card must be presented at the time of purchase. The loyalty cards cannot be bought, sold, or in any way traded.
7. Other We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without notice. New Terms & Conditions will be made available in our shops and on our website. These Terms & Conditions do not affect your statutory rights
- Deep rug cleaning
- Steam carpet cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Stain Protection included in the service
- Two seater sofa------ £25
- Three seater sofa----- £35
- No additional charges
How do we know that our carpets need to be washed/cleaned?
Everybody loves the carpets in their house. Carpets are an indispensable part of our houses and they are responsible for the atmosphere created in a house. If you have a carpet, carpet cleaning is something you should consider at least twice a year. Carpets are a bit costly and also require high maintenance because carpets absorb all the dirt in the house. If you want your carpets to be in top condition, you may need to have them washed regularly. RWE knows the importance of a clean carpet. Here are some things you need to be aware of to determine if your carpet needs to be cleaned.
*Smell is the first thing people notice when they first enter a house. Dirty carpets naturally cause a bad smell. If the carpet gets wet, the smell worsens further. If you leave an uncleaned carpet moist, it will definitely cause mold and fungus..
*If you have an animal, you should wash your carpets more often. Your pets can urinate on the carpets and the moistened carpet provides a suitable environment for bacteria to form. Again, your pets can tear and chew your dirty carpets with their paws. Therefore, if your pets spend too much time at home, you can contact us for regular carpet cleaning.Get Service Now